As we all know, travel has been one of many industries impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. U.S. authorities including scientists and physicians from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the National Institute for Health (NIH) advise avoiding large gatherings or events, and among other measures to practice “social distancing” of maintaining approximately three feet from other individuals.
TRUST SANIBEL CAPTIVA BEACH RESORTS
While that may eliminate travel to high traffic theme parks or cruises, opportunities to enjoy travel remain — for example, Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts and Sanibel Captiva Island Vacation Rentals. Here’s why:
- ‘Tween Waters Island Resort & Spa of Captiva Island, along with West Wind Inn of Sanibel Island, are boutique resorts numbering less than 140 guest accommodations. Both beachfront resorts offers acres of spacious surroundings to enjoy our warming sunshine, tropical beauty and recreational options (from water sports to just lounging in a cabana).
- Beachview Cottages and Castaways Cottages, both of Sanibel Island, offer even smaller occupancies with only 20-some and 30-some stand-alone cottages. You’ll be near all the fun, yet you can easily retire to your private cottage anytime you desire.
- Sanibel Captiva Island Vacation Rentals is even more exclusive, as your family enjoys the privacy and comfort of your own vacation rental home or condo.
OUR CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE
All SCBR resorts, restaurants and marinas are following OSHA 3990 Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19. For our guests, that means:
- All staff members of Housekeeping, Bell Services, Maintenance and many Customer Service outlets are wearing sanitary gloves.
- Your guest room is cleaned daily with disinfecting wipes and bleach, with special emphasis on surface areas and door handles.
- Public areas are being cleaned with greater frequency.
- Hand sanitizers have been or are being placed in numerous public locations throughout our properties.
- Service personnel have been advised to avoid physical contact (i.e., hand shaking), practice diligent hygiene and to remain home if they are feeling any cold or flu symptoms.
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
Finally as our commitment to you to book with 100% confidence, our 4 beach resorts have launched our “Rest Assured” campaign that provides you free, no charge date modifications or free, no charge cancellations for any 2020 reservations made between March 6 to March 31, 2020.
From all of us at Sanibel Captiva Beach Resorts who take pride in making your stay with us the very best it can be, thank you for visiting us — past, present or in the future. Your satisfaction, enjoyment and safety are our mission and passion. We’ll continue to update you as necessary via web notices, e-blasts, social media and texts.
Doug Babcock | Chief Executive Officer